MORE INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS
For more information and forms, please contact a Colorado DAR chapter. Please contact the Colorado State DAR Scholarship Committee Chairman using our “Contact Us” page for help or to identify a chapter in your area.
Promoting education is one of the missions of the DAR
One way we promote education is through scholarships to help students achieve a college degree with the following Colorado State Society sponsored scholarships:
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and resident of the State of Colorado and attend an accredited college or university in the United States. Applicants must obtain a letter of sponsorship from a DAR chapter. The scholarship will be judged and awarded without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin and disability. All awards are judged based on academic excellence, commitment to field of study (as required), and financial need by a committee of judges outside the NSDAR. The scholarship award is paid directly to the college or university of winner’s choice upon proof of registration. No person shall receive any scholarship award more than once. Only application packets with a postmark deadline of January 15 or before will be accepted.
Adult Advanced Education Scholarship
- To further the education of any adult, man or woman, whose education was interrupted for at least one year.
- Education must have been interrupted for at least one year and applicant must have returned to a college or university in the past year.
The maximum award is $1,000.00.
Elementary/Secondary Teacher Education Scholarship
- Awarded to an undergraduate or post graduate student who is majoring in an Elementary or Secondary School Teacher Education, as shown on a transcript or letter from the Dean of acceptance to the program.
- The minimum award is $1,000.00 per year.
Honorary State Regents’ American History Scholarship
- Honorary State Regent’s Scholarship In memory and in honor of all Honorary State Regents who supported this scholarship.
- Must be a college or university junior or senior.
- Must have a concentrated study in History, Government or Political Science (or proof of intent to teach history or government) as shown on a transcript.
- The maximum award is $2,500.00.
Virginia Leyda Roberts Nursing Scholarship
- Must have been accepted or is currently enrolled in a nursing school for an Associates or Bachelor’s nursing degree, proven by a letter of acceptance or transcript.
- The minimum award in $1,000.00.
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution also supports other scholarships. The scholarships vary in amount and number. As funds are available, scholarships are granted in the fields of nursing, optometry, speech pathology, occupational therapy, historic preservation, etc.. Application packets are available from the Scholarships page of the NSDAR website.